The key to preserving your assets is to develop a smart distribution strategy, one that accounts for many things —including the taxes you'll owe in retirement.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
• How the mounting U.S. debt and deficit might impact taxes, interest rates and inflation
• When should start taking income from your accounts? And how long will it last?
• Learn the long-term tax consequences of your IRAs and 401(k)s
• When and how you access your Social Security benefits will determine how much you get to keep
• Create a retirement income strategy to help reduce risk and provide growth opportunities
• Learn ways to move your money from your taxable bucket to your tax-free bucket.
• Tax repercussions of losing a spouse
Peterson Financial Group
President & Founder
As founder of Peterson Financial Group, Eric has dedicated more than 21 years of his life to educating and assisting retirees and pre-retirees in central Iowa on how to plan for and protect their financial future. Eric is a Registered Financial Consultant, earned his MBA from Drake University and is a veteran of the United States Air Force. Eric was also featured in Forbes magazine’s 2014 Investment Guide as on of the Midwest’s most trusted and experienced financial leaders. In 2015, Eric published his first book, “Preparing for the Back Nine of Life – A Boomer’s Guide to Getting Retirement Ready.” He also hosts the “Retirement Ready” radio show on Sundays at noon to 1pm on WHO 1040AM. Eric is the financial expert on the Dollars & Sense segment of Hello Iowa on WHO TV (channel 13).